e.l.f Small Tapered Brush

Whilst having a look at my favourite site for purchasing American brand makeup 'beautyjoint.com' I stumbled across the e.l.f 'Small Tapered Brush'. I have never seen this brush on the U.K e.l.f website so decide to pop the brush into my basket to give it a try.



All e.l.f studio line brushes on beautyjoint.com cost just $3.99 which translates into sterling at £2.40....total bargain!
The 'small tapered brush' is made of very soft but densely packed synthetic hairs, that tapper to a soft round point. It's hard to find a perfectly sized small brush, especially with a tapered head, so for the price this brush is amazing.

The simplest way for me to describe this brush is to say that it is a hybrid of Real Techniques 'contour brush' with the same sized brush head but with the tapered end of the Real Techniques 'setting brush'. So with the e.l.f brush your getting the best of both.

I found three uses for this brush.
 First contouring; the tapered tip fits perfectly into the hollows of the cheek & when titling the brush to the side & applied with more pressure it works well at blending the contour.

Highlighting; Apply your powder highlight on the side of the tapered point & it applies highlight seamlessly on the high point of the cheeks, use the tip of the brush for down the nose & Cupid's bow.
Lastly the brush also works fantastically well for setting under eye powder. For those that find the Real Technique 'setting brush' a tad to time consuming with its tiny little head, this e.l.f brush does the job in just a few swipes.

After washing the brush it retains its shape very well & has not shed at all.

This is another fabulous brush by e.l.f's studio line. It's just a shame it's not available here on the UK e.l.f website. If you are interested in trying this brush or any other e.l.f brush I would suggest you check out beautyjoint.com. Even with the shipping (which is well priced) it often works out cheaper than buying for the e.l.f UK site.

Have you tried any of the e.l.f Studio Line brushes?


Follow on Bloglovin


16 comments

  1. That was an excellent review.
    I am in dire need of new brushes, I have quite a lot but it never seems enough with all the powders I have and lack of patience which I do NOT have to wash them every day!

    Rheya xxx | PixiRella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe. Washing brushes has to be my least fave part of being a makeup hoarder haha. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how I love elf brushes. I'm on the hunt for their eye blending brush, I can't seem to find it in my nearest retailer.

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm yet to try there eye brushes, let me know what you think hun. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh I need this!! I didn't know they had a brush like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try some elf brushes! They are so well priced! This one, in particular, looks amazing!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks like a fab brush for highlight... I love the shape of the bristles xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely a bargain, I love getting new brushes so I think I'll definitely be checking this out :)

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a fab brush and so versatile - I really like ELF's studio line of brushes :)
    Lovely review!!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a tapered brush!!
    I'm yet to try something from ELF, naughty me!
    Great review babe!

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top